OPPORTUNITIES IN OUR INTERNATIONAL OFFICES
As well as recruiting for our London trainee scheme, we also offer training contracts and vacation schemes in our Hong Kong Office. These are for individuals who want to build a long term career in Hong Kong, and who aim to become Hong Kong qualified.
We are currently recruiting for Training Contracts commencing in 2018 and for our 2017 summer and winter vacation schemes.
Hong Kong Training contracts
We typically recruit 3 - 4 Hong Kong trainee solicitors each year.
To apply for a Hong Kong training contract please send your CV, a covering letter and academic transcripts from your undergraduate degree together with any other supporting documentation that you see relevant (e.g references) to email@example.com. Please apply by 15 August 2017.
Minimum Entry requirements
- Strong academic grades – university and pre-university
- Proficiency in English and Cantonese. Mandarin is desirable but not essential
- The offer of a training contract is conditional upon a successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate in Laws (PCLL) course in Hong Kong prior to joining HFW. Students who wish to qualify as a trainee in HK should note the entry requirements of the PCLL exams – contact The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The City University of Hong Kong and The University of Hong Kong for further details.
In addition to the above we look for individuals who:
- Have a commercial approach
- Are pragmatic and able to think on their feet
- Are passionate about working in a global environment
- Have an interest international commerce and a hunger to learn more about our market-leading sectors.
We will screen applications and short list those individuals who best meet our requirements.
The next stage of the process will be an interview held in our Hong Kong office. Interviews will take place in September 2017.
Hong Kong vacation schemes
We also run winter (December/ January) and summer (July/ August) vacation schemes in our Hong Kong office for individuals who want to experience HFW first-hand. To apply for a vacation scheme please send your CV, covering letter and academic transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Places on our vacation schemes are filled on a rolling basis.